I’m writing to update you on the progress and design of the new combined division of Alumnae Relations and Development, the primary mission of which is to build alumnae and volunteer engagement.
Like many of our peer institutions, Bryn Mawr created this new division to increase the resources available for alumnae. We believe that doing so will strengthen our alumnae network, connecting more alumnae via their personal and professional interests; it will benefit our students through internships, mentoring, and job and graduate school placements; it will attract prospective students who want to join a network of thousands of alumnae; and it will ultimately lead to growing and sustained support of the College.
The Alumnae Association will continue in its current structure including its volunteer structure and leadership. We will also continue to have a dedicated department for alumnae relations in Wyndham (Alumnae House), and we have added new support.
- The department will be led by Millie Bond ’05, who joins the division’s leadership team. Millie has served the College over the last four years as a development officer. Millie will lead the Alumnae Relations team and act as the primary liaison to the Alumnae Association Executive Board (AAEB), working directly with AAEB President Saskia Subramanian ‘88. If you would like to learn more about Millie, you can follow this link for an announcement about her appointment.
- Anna Kamstra ’80 will be senior associate director, strengthening the engagement of our alumnae via their personal and professional affinities, as well as working with the Alumnae Association’s Committee on Leadership Development. Anna has spent the last 15 years working with alumnae from across the country, most recently managing special events and donor relations.
- Cynthia Washington, who has been with the alumnae staff for 17 years as the associate director for regional engagement, will be working with the clubs and the regional volunteers to build our geographic alumnae network.
- Carolyn Godfrey Wilson is the associate director of alumnae engagement, working with the class and reunion leadership and managing reunion weekend.
- Tracy Ryan, who has been with the association for more than 20 years, serves as office manager, supporting the work of the department and of the AAEB.
- Nancy Schmucker ’98 is now the senior associate director for communications. She will work across the new division as a whole on its communications needs and manage campaign communications.
- Elizabeth Kimmelman Schwartz is now the senior associate director of campaigns. She will manage the volunteer structure within the campaign and the execution of the many events that support the launch.
- Nancy Brokaw in College Communications will continue to edit the Alumnae Bulletin, with guidance from the magazine’s alumnae advisory board.
- Cori Ashworth has moved to the Leadership, Innovation, and Liberal Arts Center (LILAC) as the director of alumnae engagement. Working within LILAC will allow Cori to continue her work with alumnae career counseling and better engage alumnae with existing and emerging opportunities across the College.
- Finally, we have transformed an existing department within the previous development structure to lead the strategic engagement of our volunteers and donors. Overseen by Sarah Conner-Smith, the department will work with staff and alumnae leaders to create volunteer growth and engagement opportunities.
Most importantly, the entire division, including those in more development-focused departments, will have a stated primary goal of alumnae and volunteer engagement. This will further solidify an ethos that we have begun to instill over the last few years.
I am so appreciative of the work that has come before now, as we would not be in this position without the hard work of volunteers and staff over the decades. I know that this group of staff, working closely with our alumnae volunteer leaders, will take our efforts to a new level. I look forward to being a part of it.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, I invite you to contact me at 610-526-7878 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
With best wishes,
Chief Alumnae/i Relations and Development Officer
Bryn Mawr College
101 N. Merion Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010